Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Tuesday Twosome: Holiday Celebrations

Holiday Celebrations…


1. Do you celebrate a religious meaning to this season and if so, what (Christmas, Hanukkah, etc.)? If not, why?

My family celebrate Christmas, friends celebrate Hannukah, mostly I celebrate Summer Solstice.

2. What does this holiday season mean to

you and why?

It means my birthday being ignored. Until I met the Boi I never had birthday celebrations. He makes a point of doing something special on the day (it falls between Christmas and New Years.) so that takes the edge of. I don't cope

well with this time of year so it also means depreession and lots of crying. (I think it relates to the Birthday being ignored in the past but I am not completely sure.)

3. Which do you enjoy the most: giving pre

sents or receiving presents and why?

Giving: As the old quote says: It is not better to give then to receive, just less embarassing. I also like coming up with different things that suit t

he person receiving, but also reflect the Boi and me. I don't like receiving as I never know how to react and tend to do so badly.

4. Name two holiday movies that best describes the season for you:

Crackers and Home For The Holidays.

5. Name two holiday songs that best describes the season for you:

I like Christmas songs with a difference: Monty Python's Christmas in Heaven would be a good indication of TV at christmas. Weird Al's Christmas at Ground Zero is also a favourite.

What songs describe the season best? I think the Foxtrot says it well. ;)

Merry Christmas Tuesday Twosome-rs.

No comments: