Friday, October 13, 2006

Dad.

This was taken at the "Meet the Candidates" for the Australian Democrats Jagajaga branch. I was the candidate. I'm talking to my Dad. If you read any of my stuff you'll see what a huge influence on my life he is.

He taught me to not sit back but to stand up for what I believe in.

He isn't thrilled at my choice of political party, the campaigning against duck shooting or the way I choose to dress, but he has never made me feel less then loved for being me.

He maintains that the two most beautiful "little girls" in the world are my sister and myself; I'm 31 and my sister is in her 40's. He says he "falls in love" with my mother "again every morning," sings bad C&W music off key and thinks outside the box for cooking.

In December he'll walk me down the aisle. I can't wait. I know I'll have the two handsomest men with me; one to walk me down and give me away, the other to say I do and walk with me through life.

No comments: